Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Coconut oil

Ive done a lot of reading lately on the benefits of coconut oil and the misguided info on canola oil.
Extra virgin olive oil is also good because its the least refined. Just using plain old olive oil is not going to really benefit your health.

Anyhoo, I am going to try to use less canola oil. But other types of oil are so darn expensive. :(

http://www.mercola.com/2001/mar/24/coconut_oil.htm


Abt the coconut oil- you may believe it or you may not. Im not 100% sure if I do.

But I do believe that whats in our food, all the processing and preservatives, and other unnatural ingredients, including food dyes, are definitely affecting our health and contributing to the obesity rates of americans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

Coconut oil

My advice is make sure you get a good source of this, I recently bought some only to find it was heavily diluted with god knows what.

I have a friend who is using it for everything she has a cancerous growth in her mouth that has gone down 80% since gargling with the stuff.. So I remain open minded.
Personally I wanted it to make some soaps for a friend who is a coconut freak..

December 01, 2005 7:06 AM  
Blogger yum said...

She is gargling coconut oil? interesting!

What is yours diluted with??? thats scary! Is it listed on the label? Are you sure its not the kind intended for hair? I've seen that with amla and lemon and other things added.

I got parachute brand from the indian grocery. I hope its good. it only lists pure coconut oil in the ingredients.

December 01, 2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

I think everyone is concerned about health ,especially after leaving India. When I was in India , I have never bothered to notice about calorie intake and stuffs like that. I think people here in US are so concerned since obesity rate is high. I think anything consumed less will keep our body healthy. Anyway thats my personal opinion. Extra virgin oil is very good for health and it is quite expensive too. I read about that in Times. Visiting your blog for the first time.

December 06, 2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger yum said...

Hi Priya,
I had missed your comment earlier...
I agree, that all food is fine in moderation. Just the processing and chemical additives to food is very bad.

December 23, 2005 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter