Monday, February 13, 2006

Snowed in, part two

Sunday started with B making breakfast:eggs, potatoes, and toast.

Then we had a big lunch of avocado chapati, mutton curry, and a new red pumpkin and potato recipe which I found here. Im not very fond of pumpkin/hard winter squash usually, but this came out surprisingly good! I typically cannot stick to a recipe, but besides not measuring, I followed accurately, and it was a hit. I did make it drier, left out nigella, and I used kabocha squash/pumpkin and yukon gold potatoes. which were on sale at 5lbs for 99 cents. Nice!

Dinner was rava dosai and coconut chutney.

As if that wasnt enough, I also made Lauki(bottle gourd) halwa :p

3 Comments:

Blogger Priya said...

hi yum, i made okra curry last week and it was really good. thanx for sharing the recipe. And i bought these Yukon gold potatoes and wonder'n what to do with it? i made potato fry but it was different and kinda sticky? any recipes? thanx

February 16, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Nishu said...

yaa.. even i dont like pumpkin.. its not a tasty vegetable.

happy belated V.day!! Wish u lots of chocobars!

February 21, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger yum said...

Hi Priya,
glad you liked it!

The yukon gold potatoes I used did have a different flavour. They were not as "potatoish" or starchy. They actually seemed somehow more bland to me, but maybe thats because I am not used to them. I used them as any other potato.

But I dont recall a problem with stickyness.

February 28, 2006 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter