Saturday, April 08, 2006

seeing purple



Made a trip to "whole foods market". They do have some interesting varieties of fruits and vegs, but they are usually so expensive. The bad thing about that, is that many of them are not even organic. I could understand paying more, even paying a lot, for organic produce, but at least half are labeled as "conventional"(referring to the farming method). There were small colourful cauliflowers in green, orange, and purple that were SO tempting, but 5 dollars each for nonorganic..... I couldnt bring myself to pay.

But these purple potatoes were at a slightly more reasonable $1.69 per pound, so I couldnt pass it up.

Dinner: Poori, egg curry, Potato masala

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant blv a really purple potato exists. This is so interesting.

April 18, 2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger yum said...

whole foods market had lots of uniquely coloured veggies!

April 25, 2006 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter