Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Brinjal/eggplants

Im amazed at the varieties of eggplants found at a nearby veg market.
They carry regular american/globe, italian, sicilian, holland, japanese, chinese, indian/small, thai/green, white, spanish-- maybe more,thats all I can recall.

My fav is definitely the sicilian which as I just researched online, I think is also called rosa bianca.
The inside is pristine white, it has very few seeds, and a mild pleasant flavour which is not at all bitter. If you dont like eggplant, give this one a try!

I find it fascinating that there can be so many varieties of each single veg/fruit, more than I will ever see/taste in my lifetime. Even with distinctly different tastes!

Check out this site:
http://www.foodsubs.com/Eggplants.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Nishu said...

hmmm yum... i used to hate brinjal when i was kid. but now i just love it.. u might not be aware but it has many medicinal benifits also.. good veg infact!

hey, can u change the background or foreground color.. otherwise i have to do "select all" for highlighting the writings on webpage (^_^)

December 28, 2005 11:42 PM  
Blogger yum said...

Hi nishu...

even my husband and i used to hate brinjal as kids :) and now we like it.

I am not sure what to do about the webpage, unless i change it altogether, it is one of the choices from "blogger" itself.

December 30, 2005 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter