Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wednesday

I wanted to finish off my vegetables because Im going out of town tommorrow(and hub can have the leftover for couple days).

So I cooked:

-"Quick version" kohlrabi/knolkhol Sambhar- which means throw everything in pressure cooker and later add tamarind, bring to boil, add poppu/tempering.
-Capsicum fry with besan flour- i dont know if theres an actual name for this
-Baingan bharta, only i was too lazy to put it under the broiler, but i did cook it in my iron pan...
-Cucumber "salad" with lemon juice, coriander, and chaat masala.
-Rice

total time: 1 hr 6 min


capsicum fry

put olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the capsicum in a single layer. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sprinkle turmeric powder.(optional- add chopped onion if and fry till half cooked. add chopped green pepper and salt and chili powder. fry till soft. sprinkle with (sifted) besan flour evenly... stir. It should get a thin crisp coating of besan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

I had something similar once as the capsicum fry I mean, it was lovely and crunchy but it was green beans if I recall.

hmmm maybe thats dinner sorted for tonight... :}

December 29, 2005 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter