Thursday, February 15, 2007

Raspberry scones


I wanted to make something pink for valentines day... I considered a yogurt panna cotta with raspberry puree, but I was too lazy and Ive never tried panna cotta before. So I fell back to my old standby, the scone. Made up this recipe.

measurements are approximate!


1c raspberries, frozen( I used cascadian farms organic)
1big spoon of yogurt
1 egg(optional)
2c maida flour
1T baking powder
pinch of salt
pinch of cardamom
splash of vanilla extract
4T COLD butter, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 400
Blend the berries with yogurt and minimal water(or milk). I also blended in the egg and the spices. You can control the liquid better if u dont mix the egg in, or leave out the egg altogether.
In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt. Crumble in the butter until it becomes like crumbs. Add the wet mixture into this till it forms a very soft dough. Dont over knead the dough!
Form into 1-2 round circles on baking sheet, pat down to about 1 inch. Use flour o n your hand if the dough is sticky. Cut, like a pizza, into 6-8 triangles. separate loosely.
Bake for 10-15 mins until slightly golden brown on top. Dont overbake. top with more raspberries if desired.

Best enjoyed warm!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter