Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pepper chicken with tuvar lilva

I had a small amt of chicken which my friend gave me before going for vacation to India, so this is how I made it....

1/2 chicken, chopped in pieces
Marinade in yogurt(enough to coat), red chili powder, fresh minced garlic and ginger.(I was lucky to find this young ginger in the store. I love its flavour)

In a cast iron pot, put some oil and when its hot add Cardamom pod, cassia, couple cloves, and jeera seeds, then a sprig of curry leaves. To that add two chopped onions and salt. When they are translucent but not brown, add in the chicken with marinade. Stir and add in coriander, cumin, and black pepper powders and a little garam masala. Stir well. When chicken is white/brown on the outside add in a bunch of chopped coriander leaves and a handful of fresh tuvar lilva(beans). Add about 2 cups of water and boil 20 mins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter