Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ginger scones

I really like scones. I only just discovered them back in Feb with fabulous scallion and feta cheese scones. They remain one of my favs. Since then, Ive tried:

-Avocado jalepeno scones
-Chocolate chip scones
-Cocoa scones
-Vanilla sweet scones
-Plain salty scones
-Almond coconut scones
-Apple scones

and now the latest are these Ginger Scones.

I altered the recipe slightly.
1.5 c unbleached all purpose flour
3/4c rolled oats
1/4c demura sugar
1TBS baking soda
pinch of salt
2t ginger
cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg
5TBS unsalted butter(a little more than 1/4c) cut into small pieces
handful of GOJI berries
1/2c buttermilk(or more if needed)
2.5 TBS unsulphured molasses
1t vanilla and a splash of rose water

Preheat oven to 400
mix all dry ingredients and mix in butter with fingers until crumbly. Mix the last three ingredients in a bowl. Stir the berries into the flour. Add the buttermilk mixture until it becomes a sticky dough. spread into a 1 inch thick circle and cut into eighths. Bake for around 15 mins.


If you are like me and relish gingery sweets, you may also like these ginger cookies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nila said...

Hi yum, Thanks for your kind words about my roses. Can I have the recipe for banana peppers? tempting paruppu usili photo. I have never tried purple potato, will it taste the same as the other potatoes. I bet it has good source of anti-oxidants too.

June 28, 2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Nila said...

By the way, you have been tagged for Tag World confessions meme. Looking forward for your post dear :)

June 29, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds yummy.

July 01, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger yum said...

Thanks pushpa and nila!

Nila, I will post the recipe soon. About the potatoes, the taste was mostly like regular potatoes. Maybe very slightly more flavourful.

July 07, 2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger yum said...

Thanks pushpa and nila!

Nila, I will post the recipe soon. About the potatoes, the taste was mostly like regular potatoes. Maybe very slightly more flavourful.

July 07, 2006 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter